More often than not, wedding favors end up as forgotten trinkets that guests ditch soon after the reception, so why not break the mold and get favors your guests actually want to keep?! A favor does not need to be expensive or extravagant; it is merely a small token of thanks for your guests for coming to celebrate your big day. I personally love food-related favors because they are perfect as a little midnight snack post-reception. Below are nine of my favorite wedding favors, including some tasty treats.
1. Candy Station: Let guests fill up bags with the candy of their choice. Stick with candy within your color scheme or choose your favorite kinds.
2. Shot Glasses: Everyone can always use an extra shot glass. Add your monogram or emblem for a personal touch and put them by the bar so guests can use during the night.
3. Candles: These make an excellent gift, no matter the occasion- especially when you pick a deliciously smelling scent. Customize the candle to match your color scheme or geographic location.
4. Seeds: They are both an affordable and eco-friendly gift that reminds your guests to ‘Let Love Grow.’
5. Cookie Bar: Treat your guests to a selection of delicious cookies/baked goods. For an extremely affordable option: have each member of the wedding party bring his or her favorite treat to share with everyone. Another idea is to use a favorite family recipe.
6. Matches: These always come in handy at home whether to light a candle or the fireplace. Customize the matchbooks for an added flare.
7. Honey or Jam: Have a favorite locally made jam or honey? Share this sweet treat with your guests.
8. Tasteful Temporary Tattoos: Get fun and dainty tattoos that your guests will enjoy wearing on the dance floor and beyond.
9. Popcorn: Such a perfectly light and simple snack for guests to enjoy during or after the festivities. Can’t decide between caramel corn and buttered popcorn? Give the guests the option to choose—make it into a popcorn bar with different types of popcorn and a variety of toppings.